Broad Bean, Bean Curd, Chutney (BBC) Recipe
Cook Time: 10 mins | Servings: 4 serving
- 1/2 tin Pickled Chinese Cabbage (Ma Ling or Zha)*
- 1 tbsp Olives Vegetables*
- 500g fresh frozen Soy Beans*
- 4 cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 1 pack Marinated Spicy Tofu
- 3 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 2 fresh Chilli’s (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Sprinkle of Sesame Seeds
- White Rice (to serve with)
*From Asian grocer
Make sure you have all your ingredients ready as this is a fast dish to cook.
1. Slice tofu into 4mm strips. Drain and chop the Chinese cabbage.
2. Heat the oil in a wok, until very hot (almost smoking, add the chilli, crushed garlic and cook momentarily until lightly brown. Add the Chinese cabbage and Olives vegetables, stir fry for a further minute.
3. Add the soy beans, salt and sugar and fry until warmed through. Add the tofu strips, the vego oyster sauce and adjust seasoning to taste (add some more sugar and seasoning if needed).
4. Serve straight from the wok with some plain steamed jasmine rice or better still, make a veggie fried rice!
Based on this recipe from the ABC’s Cook and the Chef.